What to do if your complaint is over a year old

There are certain restrictions on the complaints which the Housing Ombudsman can and cannot consider. In most cases, if your landlord issued its final decision more than one year ago, we will not be able to investigate the case.

Sometimes, people make a complaint about an issue like a roof leak or antisocial behaviour, which was resolved but has since reoccurred. If something like this has happened, you can make a new complaint to your landlord.

If you think there is a good reason why we should consider your complaint, then please contact us to discuss.