The Housing Ombudsman’s vision is to improve residents’ lives and landlords’ services through housing complaints. We aim to deliver an independent and impartial service to residents and landlords throughout the dispute process.
To do this, we will:
- Ensure we are accessible to all individuals and organisations that contact us for advice or support
- Share knowledge and insights to maximise our impact and improve services
- Work with residents, landlords and staff to provide an efficient and high quality service
- Keep your personal information stored securely and not share it without your permission
- Listen to your feedback to continuously improve our service
- Signpost you to any relevant agencies or alternative Ombudsman services at the earliest opportunity where we cannot help you with your complaint
Our staff will:
- Be helpful, polite, communicate clearly and treat you with respect
- Provide clear and correct advice about how we can help
- Update you when there is progress on your case
- Take time to review cases carefully and understand the evidence
So that we can provide effective advice and support, we ask that you:
- Use our online services or communicate with us electronically whenever possible
- Follow the guidance and advice provided to you by staff
- Provide information and evidence only when requested
- Treat staff with respect – we will not tolerate abusive or aggressive behaviour
If things go wrong, please tell us as soon as possible so that we can put things right. Staff will look into the issue and let you know what they can do to resolve the situation.
For more information about how to make comments or complaints about our service, please see our Comments and complaints about us page.