Dispute resolution standards
Standards of service for customers of the dispute resolution team:
We aim to ensure that someone is always available to respond to your enquiries.
- If you contact us by telephone or in person we speak to you immediately. If that’s not possible we arrange for someone to return your call within 48 hours (two working days).
- We acknowledge all correspondence within three working days of receipt.
- We respond to any written correspondence within 15 working days, to let you know what is happening.
We listen to what you want from us and explain clearly what we can do for you. We also explain if we cannot help.
- We take time to listen to you and to demonstrate that we understand what you want from us.
- We help customers to have realistic expectations of the Service at all times.
- We let you know what we can do to help you.
We keep you informed about what is happening and what happens next.
- We explain our process without using jargon.
- We tell you what has to be done to move the case on.
- We give you realistic timescales for progress.
We always make it clear what our decision is and explain how that decision has been made.
- Our communication with you is as accurate, brief and as clear as we can make it.
We always treat you professionally and with respect.
- We respect the confidentiality of everyone involved in a dispute.
- We will warn you if the way in which you behave may have an impact on the way in which we can deal with you.