We have been following government guidance on the coronavirus with the aim of protecting the safety of our colleagues as well as continuing to provide our service as usual. We are currently operating as normal (other than dealing with post) as we have contingency plans in place so our staff are able to work from home.
Our role is to resolve disputes involving the tenants and leaseholders of social landlords (housing associations and local authorities) and some voluntary members (private landlords and letting agents).
You can find out if your landlord is registered with us here: https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/residents/landlord-search/
There are some links below to other organisations that may be able to help if we are unable to help with your complaint.
- You can still contact us through the usual routes:
- However, our office at Canary Wharf is closed so please do not send post to the Exchange Tower address. We would strongly encourage customers to use email or the online complaint form rather than sending post to our PO Box address in Liverpool. As we are working remotely, our ability to receive and send post is very limited so there will be delays. We will not be able to deal with large bundles of documents by post.
We will keep the situation under review and if anything changes we will update our website. You can also follow us on Twitter – @housingombuds
If your concern is not something we can help with, below are some with helpful links to other websites that might provide further guidance:
- Coronavirus (Covid-19): Letter to social housing residents: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-letter-to-social-housing-residents
- Government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-support-available-for-landlords-and-renters-reflecting-the-current-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak
- Citizens Advice: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/if-you-cant-pay-your-bills-because-of-coronavirus/
- Moving home: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-advice-on-home-moving-during-the-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak.
- Working safely during Covid-19: Government guidance: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Making a complaint
Information about how to make a complaint and understanding the complaint process can be found on our website. To make a complaint, you will need to answer a few questions which will take you to our complaint form or you may be signposted to other helpful information.